Pages

Until Then

Last night, I was checking my Facebook account and saw an album of pictures taken during the wake and funeral of the daughter of my dad's friend. I cried just by looking at those pictures. My heart bleeds for them because I can feel their pain that they are going through. We also gone through the same thing. Their daughter died of a vehicular accident. She was driving the motorcycle too fast without a helmet on. She stayed in the ICU fighting for dear life but she was called home by God on the 10th day. My sister died on a road accident 7  years ago.

She was on her way home from our friend's house, the PUJ that she hailed was pushed towards her by a forwarder truck at the back. It happens so fast that she wasn't able to jumped out of the way. The impact caused the PUJ to be out of control and bumped into the concrete post of Davao Light & Power Company making a huge dent on the PUJ's bumper and you know what's so painful too think all of these, my sister is in between the concrete post and the PUJ's bumper. She was brought to DMC, a government hospital here in Davao. The attendant declared her Dead on Arrival. I still have her death tag it was signed by Dr. Pantaleon.

Death tag
Yes, it was 7 years ago last July 31 but the pain is still the same. I still cried whenever I think of her and how things are going to be if she's still here. I don't have the right to ask God why. All I can do is to accept that she went home ahead of me. I still regretted the times wasted when she's still around. It is a sad truth that we take people for granted as if they will be around forever. Only when they die that we realized how much we have missed them. We are so suck up with our own life's problem that we took for granted the person who were always there to support us. I was a year older than her but my sister acts & talks like she was the "ate". She was the strong willed and I am the weakling. She was the happy-go-lucky-come-what-may and I am the serious one. She was talkative and I was the quiet one. I am her exact opposite so to speak but nothing can beat a sister's bond. We have our differences but when I know she loves me for who I am. I can be whom I want to be, do whatever I want to be but at the end of the day she will still accept me just as I am. No questions asked.

During my sister's funeral, I never said goodbye to her because it is next to impossible to forget her. She will always be remembered, her face etched in my heart. The longing of her presence will continue until we meet again. Until then my confidante, my critic, my hero....my sister.

btemplates

0 comments:

Post a Comment