Pages

Unleashing the Daredevil

November of 2010 I was given the opportunity to do the most dreaded position in riding the zip line, the Inverted position. It was my second time to be at Outland Adventure located at Ma-a, Diversion Road, Davao City. The first time I was here was with my high school friend Vedessa with her husband and parents-in-law. I wasn't able to get a copy of the shot when I've zipped doing the sitting position. It wasn't that scary compared to the inverted position but being a first timer in a zipline, I've screamed my lungs out...hahaha...

THE OUTLAND ADVENTURE ZIP LINE - "THE EXCELERATOR"

I've swear that I'll never going to do it again. It scared the hell out of me. But I was compelled to do it again because I needed to accompany a Singapore-based friend who is visiting the country for the first time, Yiping. She's a Chinese daredevil in the making, a doer, an adventurer, a risk taker, fun-loving individual. I brought her to Outland Adventure so she can try the zip line. When we arrived at the site, we were given a waiver to be signed by us, riders. The form is all about the limited liability of the company when it comes to any accident that will happened within the premises. Don't be scared though. I can say that it's safe that even a kid can ride the zip line if that kid is daring enough. After signing, we were directed to the area where we have to put on the safety gears. After the orientation, we had to take a short hike to the side of a stream and raft to the other side and climbed a flight of steps to the starting zip zone. I was gasping for air and reaching the top of the hill was an accomplishment for me. Yiping was always cheering me all the way up. It was just easy for her to climbed the hill because she's into yoga while I'm not into any form of workout at all. I'm more of a couch potato. I can't bring my lazy butt into doing even some simple form of exercise.

ALL GEARED UP & READY FOR THE ZIP RIDE
WE ARE HAVING FUN DOING THE INVERTED POSITION
We've stayed at the top for a while waiting for our turn to be called. During our first zip, we did the superman position and the second one was already in inverted position. The second time we zip, I was more concerned of the process of climbing up the hill. I was really wishing that time I have the powers to make an instant ride to the top of the hill that time.  Oh well, for adventures sake, I did it. It was really fun. I can't thank Yiping enough for making me do something I thought I'm not capable of doing. This adventure thought me that sometimes, the things we are afraid to do in life can be done by just closing our eyes and jump without hesitation. Trust who is in-charge and just enjoy the ride. When you're there, you'll be amazed that it wasn't that scary as it seems. When you learn to let go and let live, life can be fun after all.

THE RAFT & THE CLIMB ;)
THE SUPERMAN POSITION...
A once in a lifetime adventure! I think everyone should try this. I've heard that they have a new zip line called The Repentor. It's much longer than "The Excelerator" and promises to have a scream factor. Who says extreme can't be fun?? For me, it's definitely worth trying for! Check out the Outland Adventure website & have fun! :)

btemplates

0 comments:

Post a Comment