Pages

NBI Escapade

I've been in panic since the news broke out about the contractor of the NBI system ended its contract and took the system with them. That's when I've realized that I've been too preoccupied with the upcoming validation exam to be given by the university that I totally forgot that I still don't have the NBI clearance needed for the PRC application for the CPA board exams. So even if I passed the validation exams of the university I still won't be able to take the CPA board exams if I can't file my application at the PRC.


Dawn of July 27, together with my friend Nelden - who also doesn't have the NBI clearance yet went to the NBI satellite office here in Davao city. It's exactly 2:30 am when we've reached the office along Bajada fronting the Victoria Plaza mall. As expected, there's already a pile of persons waiting for the office to release the NBI clearance form. At 2:30 am, I was already the 54th person in line. The NBI officer will released the forms at around 6:00 in the morning. The experienced really tested my endurance as well as my patience. I was standing for 4 hours waiting for the gates to open. Finally, at 30 minutes past 6:00 am, I got the clearance form to be filled up by the required data. You must be careful of the data you write in it. It  must be correct because erasing it my mere crossing out is not allowed. You have to erase it by a correction fluid and if you don't have one, you can approached a certain person in there that sells the fluid at Php 1 per line of error. So if you don't want to pay, don't forget to bring your own correction fluid or correction tape.

5:45am: All smiles! We are about start the formal process of applying for the NBI clearance.

After filling out the form, we waited for the cashier window to opened so we can pay the amount of Php 115.00 for the NBI clearance for local purpose only, it is not valid for travel abroad. The clearance for travel abroad costs different. I think, around Php 140. At exactly 7:45am, the cashier started to call the priority numbers by 10's. I was number 54 so I belonged to the 6th batch and so was Nelden who was at number 53. After paying the exact amount we waited for our names to be called at the processing window. While waiting for the names to be called, I kept on praying for strength. I felt weak already because I wasn't able to bring water and I wasn't able to eat anything while waiting on the line. My stomach aches and so is my head. My sweats are cold and my neck hurts. At last, my name was called and my data are processed after that I was called to do the biometric scan. My hands are shaking while the police intern assists me to the finger scanner to get my fingerprints and so is Nelden. The intern jokingly asks her "walay pamahaw ma'am?" (had no breakfast, ma'am?) which obviously is true. We were waiting in the line since 2:30am!

At 9:30am, we were smiling while going out of the NBI Davao Satellite Office holding out our NBI clearances. Whew! What an experience! So that explains why there are so many people on the office because as of now, only Davao has a computer that can process the application and get the clearance on the same day. All the people of nearby provinces who needs an NBI clearance are coming in here to apply.

After this experienced, the tips I can give you is:

1) Be there early if you want to finish early. There are only 500 forms to be released every day. So if you want to be included on the 500 be there early. And the advantage of being early is that the weather is not that hot. The heat is tolerable unlike when it's already noon the waiting area will be so hot.

2) Bring water and some biscuits to munch while waiting. It will be a lot of help giving you energy to finish the task.

3) Don't forget your black ballpen & correction tape. Only black ink is allowed to be used on the clearance form and correction fluid or tape for any mistakes on the form.

4) Bring a ponytail. During the picture taking, you need to tie your hair so that your ears can be seen on the photo. Don't wear your earrings, you will be required to take it off.

5) Go with a friend. The whole process of waiting isn't that boring when you have someone to talk while waiting in line.

6) Most of all, Pray. I was so grateful that it was an answered prayer. Having the NBI clearance on that day was a gift. We went there never expecting of getting it right away because we thought that it was still the same process that all NBI clearances were sent to Manila and you have to wait for 3 weeks or more for the NBI clearance to be released.

I have my NBI clearance now, I can already concentrate on preparing for the validation exam. Thank you so much Lord!

Snapshots during the waiting time outside the NBI Office:

5:00am: A group of friends joking around while waiting in line
5:02am: Nelden taking a nap on the sidewalk
5:37am: Making the line straight. Preparing for the gate's opening.
To all who needs to get an NBI clearance, good luck! Smile & be blessed!

btemplates

0 comments:

Post a Comment